Savor diverse restaurants and menus.
Choose a set seating time each evening or be spontaneous. As You Wish® dining is all about flexibility and freedom. One level of our main Dining Room hosts sittings at 5:45pm and 8:00pm; the other is reserved to welcome guests as they arrive (the Prinsendam has a one-tier Dining Room). And throughout the ship, there are restaurants to suit every mood, from Italian cuisine one night to a perfectly grilled porterhouse the next.Our new Pinnacle-class ships, Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendan, offers even more variety, including the whimsical Grand Dutch Café, Dive-in for fresh grilled burgers, New York Deli and Pizza, and Gelato.
The elegant main Dining Room
- Luxurious Dining Room, graced with fine art and antiques
- Five-course menus with offerings from classic preparations regionally inspired cuisine to vegetarian options
- Your choice of traditional pre-set seating and dining times or a flexible open schedule
The Pinnacle Grill
Refined and luxurious, romantic and intimate, the Pinnacle Grill represents the pinnacle of exceptional dining. Make reservations for an intimate meal graced by luxurious appointments such as Bvlgari china, Riedel stemware and Frette linens. There is a nominal fee for lunch and dinner in the Pinnacle Grill.
“Spartire” is the Italian word for sharing; our new menu is designed around this authentic Italian experience and offers a variety of dishes to enjoy and share with family and friends. There is a nominal fee charged for dinner at Canaletto.
Aboard the Eurodam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Nieuw Statendam, enjoy the Tamarind for food evoking the rich culinary traditions of Southeast Asian, China and Japan. There is a nominal fee charged for dinner in Tamarind.
Sel de Mer
Aboard the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, Rudi's Sel de Mer ("sea salt," in French) is an intimate seafood brasserie offering a contemporary twist on French seafood classics, with à la carte dishes ranging from fresh oysters to salt-crusted whole fish to bouillabaisse. Also, Rudi’s Sel De Mer will be an exclusive one-night experience onboard select ships as a pop-up restaurant.
Culinary Arts Center
In the evening onboard Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam, the Culinary Arts Center transforms into a new dinner concept, an immersive farm-to-table experience where master chefs prepare simple, artisanal dishes in full view of the diners.
Other delightful ways to dine:
- Fresh, cooked-to-order specialties in the Lido Restaurant for breakfast and lunch
- Made-to-order dinner entrees and tableside waiter service in the Lido Restaurant for dinner
- Complimentary 24-hour in-room dining
- Dive In' located on deck
- Late-night snack; Chocolate Dessert Extravaganza
- Explorations Café featuring pastries and espresso drinks
- Daily Afternoon Tea service, elevated to Royal Dutch High Tea once per cruise
A master staff and crew
- Enhanced menu design under the direction of Master Chef Rudi Sodamin
- Executive chefs inducted into the prestigious Confrérie de la Chaîne des Rôtisseurs, an international food and wine society
- Ice cream bar featuring complimentary treats
- Hot hors d’oeuvres during cocktail hour.
Special dietary needs, such as vegetarian, diabetic or gluten-free meals, are easily accommodated with advance requests. Kosher meals and a Health Conscious Dining option are also available. To arrange special meals, please contact the Ship Services Department at 800-541-1576 at least 90 days prior to departure. As You Wish® dining is currently available on each of our ships on all cruises.